Monday, June 13, 2011

Eating progresses to swallowing solids!

After a frustrating visit to the hospital this morning (took 2x too long), we've had a great day.

Clara only started swallowing food last week and only very thin liquids. Today, she started biting off pieces of her waffle for the first time, working on the pieces with her tongue and roof of her mouth and then spitting them out, to actually swallowing the pieces. She actively "ate" for 30 minutes with little encouragement required.

She has learned to hand me the food instead of throwing it on the floor when she is done (after i remind her). I then ask if she's all done, and she gives me the sign for all done (like when the umpire signals 'safe'). I taught this to her late last week. It still shocks me that she does it. Her hands cross over each other and fly out and up. So cute.

She then went right to sleep for a nap! Such a good day.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Such a brilliant child!! And cute too.

Post a Comment