Friday, March 4, 2011

MRI/CT in progress

I've just left Clara at the hospital and have come home for breakfast and coffee. She is having her scans now.
Poor thing threw up 3 times this morning with a completely empty stomach. She had diarrhea with each vomiting. She hadn't thrown up the past few mornings which was really a significant sign to me that she was doing better. I guess it can't be that easy.
I am so glad I posted the update the other day because now I can tell you the official plan from the doctors assuming her scan is clear. They do expect it to be clear and I imagine we will hear the results of her scan by noonish today.
Item 1: no more micafungin. That is the daily IV med we give her at home.
Item 2: ampho 3x/week until she is 3 months post engraftment (approximately 2 months from now)
This means that on Tuesday, when her 3x/day MMF goes away, we will no longer be giving IV meds at home!!!
Her kidney looks like it is under stress as well and coming off some of these drugs should help with that over the course of a month.
Hoping to get good news today. Saw a tearful mother of an infant in the waiting room today. I don't want to be that mother again. I felt so deeply sad for her.

2 comments:

John/Dad/Grandpa said...

Thinking about you all and Clara all the time! Let us know about the MRI/CT results when they come in. As always, hopeful!

Suzy Cashwell said...

So sad for you that the breastfeeding had to end, but know that the bond you feel with Clara will never end - after all these years (48 and 46), I'm still happy that I chose to breastfeed, and you'll be happy too. The fact that you were forced to quit will fade into the background as she grows up healthy. And we're praying for that, for all of you.

Post a Comment