Friday, July 1, 2011

Day +170: Clara is recovering!

We just got her lab results, and it is good news!

Her white count is 4.4; up from 2.5.
Her ANC is 1700; up from 800.

The doctors are essentially no longer concerned about pursuing any further treatment and are trying to convince us to calm done and move forward with living outside a bubble.

I have asked for them to reinstate approval to taper her MMF on Monday per the original schedule. She looks so much better yesterday and today. And I assume the bumps are viral more now than ever before. So I want to get her off these immunosuppresants!!!

What great news as my parents arrive this evening. I'm feeling much better.

3 comments:

John/Dad/Grandpa said...

It feels good to exhale!

Kathryn said...

Yay! What a relief! I hope you enjoy your time with Clara and your parents. :)

Suzy Cashwell said...

We've been away, and I've missed catching up on Clara, so was completely shocked when I read that Clara is better, when I hadn't known about all the awful, fearful stuff that was happening just a few days ago. I pray regularly for her, though, so probably would've just prayed a little more often! And am so relieved that the time with your parents can be relaxed and happy - and maybe even away from the house! Have a wonderful visit - as a granny, I know how important these visits are to all concerned. Haven't seen Carolyn or John since we got home, but I'm sure they'll catch me up on more details soon.

Post a Comment