Friday, November 12, 2010

Doctor report is in

We just met with the neurosurgen who did Clara's surgery. He says that she is ok and responded fine after waking up from the anesthesia. He also said that the surgery was harder than expected. She had a veineous lake in the lining of her brain that bleed bad requiring a transfusion. Her brain also started swelling whih they had to manage (apparently happens more in babies). He thinks everything should be fine and that he got all of the abscess. He also said that he took a little extra just to be sure. Testing indicated that it was not a cancer so they are still thinking fungus. She also had some lung discharge that they are a little worried about. They will monitor her in the PICU overnight and do another MRI in the morning to make sure that they got it all.

We can go see her in about an hour.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad u have put these blogs up today.... I checked off and on all day ..... I'm so glad she is doing well

Texana said...

Brooke, I am Kathryn's mom and she has shared Clara's story with me...I just want you to know that your baby and your whole family and the entire medical team remain in our prayers.

Mom/Mimi/Mama Deb said...

I feel so relieved it is not a malignant issue. Fungus seems much more manageable. Will pray her brain calms down and she recovers quickly and fully. God bless you, darlings.

Sara Boone Hartley said...

love you all and I am glad she is through it now. Thank you so much for posting the updates. I could think only of baby Bug all day. Love you all oodles and oodles!
-auntie sara

Lauren said...

I love you noodles and noodles. :)
Call me today!! I plan on bein' a lil ill most of this weekend. MISS YOU GUYS!!

Post a Comment