Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Headed Home

When I was being trained to take care of Clara's PICC line and give her IV meds, the nurse mentioned being careful to not tighten her carseat strap too tight.

It started instant tears. I hadn't thought of being able to put her in her carseat. We had taken it out of the car months ago and it had just been collecting dust along with everything else in her room.

Straping her in on the cold, rainy, Friday night was the most incredible feeling. I was so proud. We headed to our mist frequented restaurant where the entire staff knows Alan and I. I couldn't wait to  show them her cute face as they have only known of her situation.

We were greeted with champagne from the general manager and everyone was cooing over her. I was so proud to show her off. We had a great meal which she adorabley slept through.

It was a great start to our weekend in the real world.

1 comment:

Mom/Mimi/Mama Deb said...

I am crying now, too. I just can't imagine the feeling. Like showing her to everyone for the first time! She is such a beautiful baby, I would bring her champagne too! --Lauren

Post a Comment