Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Fear of Going Home

I was so nervous about taking Clara home from the hospital. I had always heard that, after the birth of your child, it can be nerve-racking to not have the nurses around to help. While that wasn't the case for me then, it was definitely the case after having lived in 1 North for 3 of Clara's 7 months!!!

What was I supposed to do without chucks? (the waterproof pad that the nurses wish away when she pees, poops or vomits) What was I supposed to do without the laundry service that sterilized said chucks and sheets? How would Alan and I eat without our built-in babysitters fighting over who would hold her while we were gone?

Well, the nurses outfitted us with chucks when we left along with diapers, wipes, a stethescope, sterile water, etc You name it, they gave it to us to take home. And I wouldn't have missed a minute with her to a babysitter. She was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment