Sunday, September 12, 2010

Clara's First Walk

I had been assuming Clara was not allowed out of her room - which I now know is called "isolation" - since her neutrphils have been just above zero.  Since she has actually been feeling relatively well and chemo is over, I posed the question to "the team" (her doctors) of when she would be able to get out and about!  The answer?  Now! 

So we went for our first walk yesterday and took another today.  Her eyes were quite red because she was overtired.  But it was great to take a peak at the atrium at the center of the Children's hospital and right outside our wing.


They provide wagons so we can take longer walks.  I am looking forward to her being able to sit up or stay propped up a little bit more steadily so we can wheel her around.  Plus, I think she'd like the speed!  :-)  This girl loves acceleration!

Until then, Clara LOVES to be walked around, and I really enjoy being able to hold her and walk without being tied to the bedside.  She has been taken off "continuous monitoring" orders but is still often hooked up depending on which medications she is getting throughout the day and whether or not she needs to be monitored during that infusion.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Brooke I looked at the pictures of you and thought, "something is different. What is it? She looks so much thinner than I remember. And then it hit me. You aren't pregnant anymore!!!" And then I felt really stupid.

Kelli Davis said...

Oh my sweet love! You look so sleepy, yet happy, that you're getting to be out and about. And yes, you're looking thinner. Are you EATING??? Tell Alan to go get you some PF Chang's right now! And brownie bites. That's an order. I love you.

Mom/Mimi/Mama Deb said...

Brownie Bites!!! Oh nooooo, don't do it, Brookie! We must have gained 100 pounds on the box we killed while I was there. Evil brownies...evil!

Sara Boone Hartley said...

I agree! I thought you look very thin, but happy-tired. I know it is hard to even think about - but do take care of yourself. its the best way that you can help to take care of that bug! So don't forget about yourself and what you need to stay well. big sister's orders! :)

Post a Comment