Thursday, January 20, 2011

Date Night

I am happy to report that Cassi stayed with Clara for almost 2 HOURS(!!!) while Alan and I had a date night at California Cafe. We came back to a sleeping baby with a much happier demeanor, fewer hives, and looking slightly less puffy (although her fluid numbers were still clearly up).

It was an incredible blessing to be able to have that time with just Alan and I.  We haven't been together outside the hospital in 2 1/2 weeks, and we haven't been on a date since mid-November.  I cannot tell you enough how much these nurses mean to us.  Although, I think Cassi might think me crazy after how many times I told her we love her today.  They all pitched in and covered Cassi's other patients while she stayed in the room with Clara because they knew Alan and I were on a date. 

Clara is now sleeping soundly and has been given a dose of lasix to help remove the excess fluid from her tissues.  Hopefully, she will pee a bunch tonight and wake up feeling a little less like "sumo-Clara" and able to breathe a little bit better.  We have been hearing a little bit too much grunting lately which was one of the first things we saw/heard before she became 3 pounds fluid overloaded and had her first visit to the PICU back in September.  I'm sure it will clear up.

I'm off to take advantage of the sleeping baby and quiet hospital room!  G'night all!

1 comment:

Sara Graham said...

I am so happy to read that you have an angel you trust to take care of sweet Clara while you and your husband have a short time of togetherness. God bless those other nurses who helped out!

Post a Comment