Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day +14: ANC = 500!

Clara's labs showed an ANC of 500 this morning! The doctors say we
could be taking her home as early as Monday!!!!

I'm headed to bed and quite tired just thinking about all that must be
done before we bring her home. However, I had to let you all know.

Additionally, she is less cranky since the lasix really began working
last night. She has become much less bloated and feels much better.
She continues to have a healthy amount of GVH show up on her skin with
minor red splotches here and there that make her a bit uncomfortable.
She is still loosing her hair-although not to worry as it consistently
finds it's way to our mouths.

There is much to talk through with the staff, much to prepare for at
home, and much to accomplish at the hospital over the next very few
days. Please forgive me for posts lacking in detail or frequency in
the coming days although I will make my best effort to share the
coming events with you all.

It really is shocking that we are here. It was just a few days ago
that I feared so greatly for her life and now things seem so suddenly
perfect. I don't mean to be blind to the upcoming potential
challenges, but they so grately pale to what we have been through that
I hardly see them as worth even mentioning or contemplating.

I can't wait to bring my baby home. With all the bells and whistles
and song and noise I can muster.

6 comments:

czstout said...

Wow!!! Great news Brooke! Can't wait to read that she's home and settled!!! Praying still :]

Nick said...

That's wonderful!

Suzy Cashwell said...

We'll be ringing bells and whistling loudly when she heads home! Her grandparents across the street will hear us, I'm sure. Hugs from NC - the news is just wonderful.

Sara Boone Hartley said...

I can't even imagine the elation this brings for you guys! I love you all and can't wait to hear more whenever you have time. HUGS all around!

Granmom said...

I am just thrilled that I have discovered that after all this time, I can blog you back with a message. My message is one of elation like yours and the thoughts of the incredible excitement of planning and executing a homecoming at last.

What a task you and Alan have been a vital part of. I am so very proud of you both!

dostoevsky said...

oh Brooke (and Alan), how exciting!!

Post a Comment